- Make sure to get your Mexican Auto Insurance before you cross the border into Mexico. Get it on line from Baja Bound Mexican Insurance in just minutes!
- The Mexican tollgates take US money but nothing larger than a $20 bill.
- You do not need a tourist visa but you will need an approved ID to get back into the USA. Your passport is best.
- Go South on I-5 or I-805 and stay on it until you reach the border.
- Cross the border at the San Ysidro Border Crossing in any lane. If you get a red light you will need to pull into secondary (the inspection area), but most likely you will get a green light and you just keep going.
- The next quarter of a mile is the most confusing of the whole trip. You need to get this right it’s really not that difficult, just sounds like it!
Remember When Traveling to the Baja Blues Fest
- You need your Passport!
- If you are driving to the event – You NEED Mexican Liability Auto Insurance
- Speed Limit Signs are in Kilometres per hour!
- Not driving? Take MexiCoach from San Ysidro to Rosarito Beach Hotel – group of 5 or more, $26 each round trip!
Mexico Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Police, Red Cross and Fire Department – 066
- State’s Tourist Attention Office – 078
- You can call 911 from any U.S. cell phone and be connected with assistance in Baja Mexico